Friday, September 19, 2008

Today we had a friend of Quincy's over for a playdate. While we were out at a playground I got a call from his mom asking if the kids liked imitation crab - and miso soup... she was whipping up some california rolls and soup for us! She also made some sushi with bright yellow daikon (I need the recipe) and kapa (cucumber) ones as well as spam blocks. I told her I didn't have the mold for that one and she proceeded to give me a mold as well! I am not sure I have ever had spam - but I must say it was pretty darned yummy sandwiched with rice and wrapped in nori. So we came home from dropping off William and had more sushi than we could eat and plenty of very good miso soup. Oh yeah - some excellent home made Japanese style pickles too! I grabbed some green tea and sake. Ahh. Now what do I fill the containers with when I return them to her? Mison and her husband are both lovely people and give and give to our school - in the classroom and to events such as the auction (her husband has agreed to run it this year). I know she doesn't expect anything but I'd like to give her something.

No comments: